Before you read on, I need to set your expectation. This is not much of a review but more of my journey experience with this book.
This was one of the first books I used to know Gods love. The book makes it more convenient if you use it as the main weapon for a 33 retreat (NO! you do not need to take a 33 days break from work to do this). All the weapons you need for this 33 days retreat are
- The book 33 days to Morning Glory
- Dedication and commitment.
- 30 minutes to an hour a day.
- A small journal (I am sure you can find this in any shop).
I took this 33 days journey with a very close and important companion. The both of us started this journey to consecrate our heart to our loving Mother in Heaven. As ‘33 Days to Morning Glory’ is a journey to consecrate our hearts to Mary we started our journey on on October 18th, 2018 such that the 34th day of the journey will fall on November 21st, 2018 which is a Marian feast of ‘Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary’. How both of us utilized this book was
- Attend mass on the 1st day and then complete the 1st day reading and reflection.
- After which we would lead our life like any other day.
- Find 30 minutes to an hour at any time of the day to read 1 sub-chapter and reflect on the message we get from it.
- By end of the day we would share our reflection to each other over WhatsApp.
- on the days we would prepare a prayer consecrating our hearts to Mary. The prayer is prepared based on our reflections for the last 33days.
- This prayer is renewed on the same date every year.
The book which is 4 weeks long and based on excerpts from 4 different saints who consecrated their hearts to Jesus through Mary our mother.
- Week 1 St. Louis de Montfort
- Week 2 St. Maximillian Kolbe
- Week 3 St. Mother Teresa
- Week 4 St. Pope John Paul II
Just like starting anything, the start of the journey was difficult, but with companionship on the journey it gets easier. On the journey you would recall back painful past, hurts you caused subconsciously, tears of love, happiness and sadness.
One of the most memorable experience I had on this journey was on the 3rd week. Its not common for me to waste even a drop of tear but with the deep reflections through the journey at the 3rd week, I broke down while I looked at the crucifix in the Church of Our Lady of Fatima in Kota Bharu, and reflected on the sub-chapter of the day. Below is part of the chapter.
“Suffering has to come because if you look at the cross, he has got his head bending down — he wants to kiss you — and he has both hands open wide — he wants to embrace you. He has his heart opened wide to receive you. Then when you feel miserable inside, look at the cross and you will know what is happening. Suffering, pain, sorrow, humiliation, feelings of loneliness, are nothing but the kiss of Jesus, a sign that you have come so close that he can kiss you. Do you understand, brothers, sisters, or whoever you may be? Suffering, pain, humiliation — this is the kiss of Jesus. At times you come so close to Jesus on the cross that he can kiss you.”
At the end of the 33 days journey, I learnt that our Loving Mothers Role was not only to give birth to our savior but also she was made an example on how to love and is the greatest instrument to drive us closer to her son Our Lord.
Intentionally I am not sharing the complete content of the book as nothing beats the suspense of journeying through it yourself. So do start this journey by yourself, however if you want some help to facilitate this I am more than happy to be at your service.