Table Of Contents
“The First Glorious Mystery – The Resurrection of Jesus”
- Bible Reference : Luke 24: 1-8
- And on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came to the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared.And they found the stone rolled back from the sepulchre.And going in, they found not the body of the Lord Jesus.And it came to pass, as they were astonished in their mind at this, behold, two men stood by them, in shining apparel.And as they were afraid, and bowed down their countenance towards the ground, they said unto them: Why seek you the living with the dead?He is not here, but is risen. Remember how he spoke unto you, when he was in Galilee,Saying: The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.And they remembered his words.
“The Second Glorious Mystery – The Ascension of Our Lord into Heaven”
- Bible Reference : Acts 1: 8-11
- But you shall receive the power of the Holy Ghost coming upon you, and you shall be witnesses unto me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the uttermost part of the earth.And when he had said these things, while they looked on, he was raised up: and a cloud received him out of their sight.And while they were beholding him going up to heaven, behold two men stood by them in white garments.Who also said: Ye men of Galilee, why stand you looking up to heaven? This Jesus who is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come, as you have seen him going into heaven.
“The Third Glorious Mystery – The Holy Spirit comes upon Mary and the Apostles”
- Bible Reference : Acts 2.1-13
- And when the days of the Pentecost were accomplished, they were all together in one place:And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a mighty wind coming, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.And there appeared to them parted tongues as it were of fire, and it sat upon every one of them:And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they began to speak with divers tongues, according as the Holy Ghost gave them to speak.Now there were dwelling at Jerusalem, Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.And when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded in mind, because that every man heard them speak in his own tongue.And they were all amazed, and wondered, saying: Behold, are not all these, that speak, Galileans?And how have we heard, every man our own tongue wherein we were born?Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and inhabitants of Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,Phrygia, and Pamphylia, Egypt, and the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome,Jews also, and proselytes, Cretes, and Arabians: we have heard them speak in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.And they were all astonished, and wondered, saying one to another: What meaneth this?But others mocking, said: These men are full of new wine.
“The Fourth Glorious Mystery – The Assumption of Mary”
- Bible Reference : Acts 2 :26-28
- For this my heart hath been glad, and any tongue hath rejoiced: moreover my flesh also shall rest in hope.Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, nor suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.Thou hast made known to me the ways of life: thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
“The Fifth Glorious Mystery – The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth”
- Bible Reference : REV 12 : 1-2
- And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.
|NOTE: Please note. Images are taken from https://www.rosarycenter.org/|