Here is how you pray the Rosary if you are new to praying the Rosary, Also included are a the prayers and scriptural readings used to pray the Rosary.
How to Pray the Rosary
- The Hail Holy Queen & O God, Whole Only Begotten Son prayers are said at the end of the rosary.
- Personal Preference : Reading the scriptural verses of the mysteries and reflecting on them throughout the decade
Prayers for used for the Holy Rosary
I broke them down by different sentences for me to better understand the meaning of the prayer itself while reciting on it.
The Apostles Creed
- I believe
- in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in
- Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord;
- Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
- suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried,
- He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead;
- He ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty,
- He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe
- in the Holy Spirit,
- the Holy Catholic Church,
- the communion of saints,
- the forgiveness of sins,
- the resurrection of the body,
- and life everlasting.
- Our Father,
- Who art in Heaven,
- hallowed be Thy name;
- Thy Kingdom come,
- Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread;
- and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
- and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
- Hail Mary full of Grace,
- the Lord is with thee.
- Blessed are thou amongst women
- and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
- Holy Mary Mother of God,
- pray for us sinners
- now and at the hour of our death
- Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
- As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be,
- world without end.
- O my Jesus,
- forgive us our sins.
- Save us from the fires of hell.
- Lead all souls into heaven,
- especially those in most need of thy mercy.
Hail Holy Queen
- Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life our sweetness and our hope.
- To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
- To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
- Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and
- after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
- O clement,
- O loving,
- O sweet Virgin Mary!
- Pray for us O Holy Mother of God,
- That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
- Let us pray.
- O God, whose only begotten Son,
- by His life, death, and resurrection,
- has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life,
- grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
- we may imitate what they contain
- and obtain what they promise,
- through the same Christ Our Lord.